I spent some time studying and came up with this plan which worked quite well. First off, I was able to get seven 1916's, three 1910's, and three '95 Cilreans to function by just putting a 1/4" block aft in the magazine. BUT, not all would load five rounds and the action had to be rapidly (and I mean rapidly) worked with much scaring of the hulls and fish hooks on the rims as a result. Using a cartridge case as an angle guide by putting it against the vice then a 1-2-3 block against the case and then squaring that to the table was my milling setup. I tilted the mill head to the angle the same as Mr. Mauser did for the angle inside the rails. With a 1/4" ball nose mill in 5-6 passes from stem to stern, I open the rails up to the case angle. I did NOT open the stock slot out of which the carts feed out. After dressing the new lips, it worked great fast or at-the-bench slow. Carts pop properly into the extractor. The stock follower got a little dressing of the rail (the top angle softened with a flap wheel) and shortened as much as possible while still preserving the spring retention lips. For some reason I haven't figured out yet, a round bottom 95 bolt is stickier. I made a short dummy barrel out of aluminum bar stock and chambered it in .308. Now on to a '96....