I don't know if I've ever posted here before but I sure have read a bunch over the years.

Anyway, I have a mess of SR mausers that I want to modify the rails to reliably feed .308 class cartridges. Right off, please save the SR mauser action safety warning because all are in (to me) the safe zone like 1910 Mexicans, '96 Hasqvarnas (1943), and some '96 CG Swedes that are sound with no setback. What I'd really like is if someone has figured out the correct geometry to do the work in a mill in a repeatable fashion. I already hashed a junk '93 Turk that was converted to 8x57 by an arsenal. I thought I had it made in that the Turk had obviously been opened up and therefore would be easy-peasy. NOT! It works with a '96 follower but the carts often teeter down at the stern and won't pick up. Getting the carts to line up correctly to the chamber is a work in progress that's getting better, slowly. On another forum, a spacer aft was recommended which makes sense and is next.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. My googling hasn't found much other than "Take a chop saw to your SR mauser - NOW! - before you end up with a bolt planted in your medulla."