Howdy all-

Refreshing this post as I just came across it while doing a search of the archives. Thought I'd chime in (albiet a bit late) regarding CB moulds, and load data.

In addition to the sources listed by previous post-ers, NEI has a couple of mould designs for this caliber. I have their #106 (.348-225-GC, RNFP) and they also have their #107 (.349-240-GC, FP), and #108 (.348-250-GC, RN) . The mould I have casts very nice bullets though I have not played with it much. Reason: I received a surprise B-day gift from my Dad at around the same time. I had been putting a few thoughts to paper about a design I had in mind for a hunting bullet. During a visit down here to CO, he got a copy of this, added a couple of mods from his own CB experience and then had Tom Ballard of MT - cut a double cavity mould for me. What an awsome Dad!

The bullet works like a champ - a 235gr. bore rider, 70% Meplat, GC design that drops at .351" in WW metal. Sized to .350 in the .348 bore - it shoots as well (or better) than I can hold. Needless to say - I spend much more time playing with this bullet than any other. The bullet was designed so it did not exted below the bottom of the case neck at the one end, and was made to meet max C.O.L. (2.80") at the other. The bullet feeds without a hitch in original Winchester M-71's however i encountered a problem in getting the loaded round past the loading gate im my Browning M-71 initially. The big meplat at Max C.O.L. was having a hard time turning the corner into the mag tube. Turns out that the loading gate spring was a bit stiff - lightening it a bit (still stiff but not so much as to score up the bullet metal now, in additioin to smothing the feed ramp (?) that guides the cartridge from the loading gate into the mag tube, took care of the problem. This is something to be aware of for those with the Browning 71 if you choose to have a mould made.

For anyone having difficulty locating load data - I've collected an extensive amount of "published" data from various loading manuals as well as articles from "Handloader" and other sources. All this info has been entered into a comprehensive Excel spreadsheet and covers every load I've come across for Jacketed & Cast bullets down to the 150 gr. bullets (no longer available) and on up to the 250Gr. offerings. The nice part of using a spreadsheet like this is you can also enter your own loads (including space for chrono data) and list ithem along with the other info if you like. If any one's is interested - let me know your e-mail address & I'll shoot a copy off to you.

Best regards-

Sky C.
Longmont, CO