Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
I I flew with them last February. Service was topnotch and the Ethiopian stewardesses were extremely nice and spoke good English. The airport in Addis Ababa was another story with respect to flying with a firearm. Airport personnel spoke broken or no English at all and I was late getting to the gate both times there.

I've heard from more than one account that the airport experience, when travelling with guns, is well less than stellar in Addis Abba. That alone would persuade me to cross Ethopian Airlines off my list. Add in that their pilots were not adequately trained to fly the 737 Max. Instead of shutting off the auto features and flying the plane, they spent 10 minutes looking through the manual before the plane crashed. So well Boeing and the FAA screwed up, the pilots didn't fly the plane per say, they were used to letting the computers do most of the work. When the computer screwed up, they had no answer for it. They didn't shut it off and manually fly the plane, they tried to get the computer working properly. Or at least that is what a pilot told me at SCI.