Originally Posted by Bugger
A friend has a 358 Norma, which he was given as a retirement gift. He lives in a “shack - ha ha” in the mountains of New Mexico and loves elk meat. He doesn’t reload and if I had dies I’d reload for him.

I suppose I should get those dies from you border doc.
I have a tanger 77 7 mm RM, that I’d use as a donor, unless I can move it at gun shows this spring, then I’d likely go with a 700 action.
The things with the 35 Newton are:
nostalgia is a big plus for me,
difficulty in getting reloading dies a minus,
I’m not sure if that 77 would feed the Newton and I’m sure it would with the Norma - are 77 tangers a true controlled feed?
Finally the 358 Norma is a fairly old cartridge too. I like old cartridges.

The Newton will feed fine if the rifle was/is a 7 Rem. My first Newton was a rechambered/rebored 338 Win M70. The Ruger case is the same diameter as the belt and used to feed empty 35 Newton cases just fine. I wouldn't think you'd have a lick of trouble. Dies aren't impossible and if you just wanted to try it out, contact JES, he was able to get a reamer to make mine.

Originally Posted by Swamplord
I'd just neck up the 33 Nosler to 358 cal and be ahead of the 35-300 PRC in powder capacity and shorter coal to boot

SL, I had that thought too. I am debating it and I am ready to send a rifle off, just can't decide between the 358NM, 35 Newton or 35 Nosler.

What's your thoughts on dies for a 35 Nosler? 33 Nosler bushing dies?

Semper Fi