Originally Posted by noKnees
Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
My choice would be a Winchester M 70 Featherweight .30/06. A Leupold 6x or 2-7x would be good choices for scopes.

Load it with 180 grain Nosler Partitions and go hunting.

Good choice, and one I had for a long time, but the OP want's a lightweight... the M70 isn't!

I feel like one of those featherweights in a LW stock like an EDGE or Brown, is just about right. for me its like the 3 bears, Standard featherweight too heavy, 308 Montana too light for me to shoot really well in all positions, but a 22" featherweight with a 22oz stock just right.

I've had something like 6 M70 Fwt's with the McMillan Hunters Edge before I quit them... man do I hate that stock! I'd go Brown or Bansner.

A LA M70 Fwt in a 24oz fiberglass stock, with all-aluminum bottom metal (or a blind magazine), X-Low Talley lightweights, a 6x36 Leupold, 5 rounds, and a Butler Creek Mountain Sling, can be brought in "all-up" right around 7lb's 8oz's. In my world that's a "midweight" but it's still a darn good place to be!

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery