Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
My buddy has one of those Kimbers. They are very light and handy. His shots will start to widen up substantially after four founds. Like from 1.5" to 4" groups at 100. Big game hunting shouldn't be an issue, almost all shots are cold bore.

Is that with you shooting it too? If its like that with both of you shooting, the rifle has some mechanical issues if it's not the shooter. Some guys struggle with shooting an exceptionally light rifle like the Kimber. An example of how a good lightweight rifle shoots:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Had a buddy verify, even though it was not necessary.. A good rifle will keep them clustered in tight. Regardless of how many you send downrange.

This was one of the suggestions given right from the get go in this thread. Second post of the thread was a damn good answer to the question.
You want a good shooting lightweight rifle, buy a Tikka. Doesn't necessarily have to be a superlite either. It can also be a lite model. I have both and there isn't much difference in weight between the 2 models. That's also saying if I ran across a couple stainless T3 or T3X lites for $500 each, I'd jump on them and not even worry that they were not the superlite model..

the kimbers are known for the barrels heating upbetween 3 shot groups quickly because they are so thin they normally have to be cooled for quite a while or the groups will open up

Last edited by XBOLT51; 05/06/22.