Originally Posted by Theeck
Originally Posted by GuideGun
Camping inside the North Maine Woods gates is a great way to go about it. We've been using just popup tents, but this year I'm going to buy a wall tent before October. It can get down in the teens at night up north in October. A tent with a stove wouldn't be a bad idea.

I'm happy to point folks in the right direction if they would like to exchange PMs. But I will not post info in an open space for all the internet to see.

Thanks GuideGun. Smart move. I will message you. I have a wall tent with a stove and a Snowtrekker tent with a stove. I may bring one but I'd probably just use a standard tent unless I was staying at least 5 days or have someone to help with the set up. I have sleeping bags rated well below zero so I think I can hack it with the bare minimum. I hunt in Vermont and the Adirondacks so I have dealt with camping in the cold. Thanks. If you want to hunt, let me know. I am open to company here in PA or in Maine.

Shoot me a PM, love to plan a weekend with some campfire members in October grouse hunting.

-Matt

"The proof of the whisky is in the drinking, the proof of the rifle is in the shooting."