Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Originally Posted by JeffA

I'm into this place for 25K, probably cost me 50 to 75 to bring it to market.

Obviously you are dailed in...

Just a thought that many never actually consider... I have sold RE "Investors ONLY, Cash sale ONLY" and done quite well.

Lots of folks out their hustling the "headroom profit."

Good luck.

Not sure I understand your thought process with that?

We relocated... couple of houses to sell (I also sell houses for a profit).

$250k invested on one and needed "85k to bring it to market" (i.e. pass lender's inspection and appraisal et al) Sold it at $415k for cash and closed in 11 days by cell phone in my living room. Buyer put his lipstick on that pig and resold it at $520k 45 days later.

If interest rates tick up from 2.8% to 5%... the market drops and the selling price as well... these are just opinions.

Have another one to cut loose $350k (again no good on passing lender's inspection and appraisal et al)... I have some GC friends that will do a "Headroom Contract" with me... they do whatever improvement they want to the house and property (6 acre horse farm next to Quantico USMC). The have a blank slate to improve the property (new doors and windows, new HVAC... OR NOT... whatever they want to do to bring the house to market... 100% on them). Once the property is "ready to hit the market" I list it... It sells at $550k+/- and I get my $350k and they get their "Headroom" between $350k and $550k... or more if they go crazy of carve off extra lots etc.

That kinda thing...

Sorry I was nor clear beforehand.

Last edited by CashisKing; 02/14/22. Reason: More info

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.