Redneck;
Good morning to you sir, it's been awhile since we've conversed and I trust you've been well as can be in the interim.

This isn't to contend with your thoughts exactly, merely to offer perhaps a tiny bit of insight but to clarify that is from someone who is further away physically than you and many of the US members are.

The citizens of Ottawa appear to be pretty evenly divided on support for the convoy. When I'd watch VivaFrie doing livestreams there were multiple occasions where Ottawa citizens were dragging kids wagons loaded with food, supplies, jerry cans of fuel - you name it. They'd set up BBQ's and cook for them, offer them the use of their homes. The same went for the citizens of the city of Gatineau across the river from Ottawa.

Those folks would suffer from an embargo just as much as the politicians and citizenry who wanted them gone.

As well, there is no way that the political elite don't have the funds and staffing available to purchase groceries from downtown anywhere and have them couriered in a van directly to their door on taxpayer funds.

The trucking companies would not tow the rigs - as in none of them Redneck. As far away as 5 hours from Ottawa nobody would...

The Emergency Measures Act enables the government to seize the trucks and compel the company to do it's bidding. Pretty cool stuff, no?

Failure to comply can result in loss of the equipment, imprisonment or fines for the drivers and seizure of their personal property or at least that was the understanding of the lawyer who made a video on this.

If all that sounds beyond frightening, that's exactly where we're at up here. Any Canadian who believes this is a wonderful way to deal with the problem has not been paying attention and apparently does not understand that the next folks in power can use it against them. As I wrote on a Canadian forum - imagine someone 3 steps to the right of your least favorite televangelist gets into power - can you imagine them using it?

My personal thoughts at present are that the more Canadians we have who become awakened to what the left - Liberals/NDP - have been doing, the better our chances are of beginning to push this in a better direction for us all without too, too much upheaval.

Thanks for reading/listening to my thoughts, again they are only mine and nothing more. If you're so inclined, we can surely use some prayers or positive thoughts up here as this is very far from over.

All the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"