Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Older, 90s era Bushmasters (some) were made by LAR (Grizzly) company.

LAR was one of 4 major receiver companies in the United States at the time that produced AR receivers for pretty much everyone else.

Noveske and Spikes also used LAR Grizzly, who at the time was also a small time defense manufacturer and was building top notch products. You can tell if your older Bushmaster is one of the original LAR guns, as the serial number will start with an L.

I have an old 90s era Bushy and this is what the receiver markings look like:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These were at the time, top notch receivers.

Yeah, the good ones. Like the "L" prefix that's behind my bedroom door.

Were they better, or as good as Colt?

So many other Colt guns I felt were 30-40% name. The AR?

The LAR guns were comparable to Colt in that they were building guns to specification of the contracts. Later (in the mid 2000s) I spent a good bit of time at places where we had many hundreds of Colt M4 series weapons (running overseas armories), Colt Defense was definitely a putting out a very solid product. The older civilian version Colt 6920 and 6720 and variants were very well built guns, when they were done in-house. I cannot comment on the current product as I have not inspected one, but my personally owned ones are quite solid.

I worked on a few hundred Bushmasters that were newer (early 2000's ) guns and they were not on par as compared to the older Bushy guns when built by LAR. The Windham guns I would not even bother with.

In the past I always recommended a Colt or FN brand AR. Both companies have been providing rifles/carbines for our Armed Forces (and others) for decades and both build an excellent product.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com