Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
You might look into some of the newer micro style that are not exactly micro. They are more like a stretched micro.

I'm talking about pistols in the size range of the Sig P365XL, Glock 43X, Glock 48.

These guns or similar offer a full hand grip, much nicer to control.

I've noted that most of the true micro 9's only have a 2-finger or 2 1/2-finger grip length. So the makers all offer extended magazines to compensate. Unless pocket carry is the goal, might as well get a pistol that has a little longer grip like those I mentioned above. The longer grip also facilitates easier magazine changes.

I like this approach, although I will add a plug for the P365 platform because of its modularity. The fire control unit is the same for the regular P365, the P365 X and the P365 XL (and even the new P365-380). The XL gives you about the size of a Glock 19, with a longer barrel and slide than the subcompact P365 or the hybrid P365 X. If the gun is going to be concealed inside the waistband, the length of the slide is not a drawback for concealment. It is the grip area that could cause the printing problem. If that was considered a problem, you could buy a small grip module used in the standard P365 for $40 and put it on the XL. Of course, you also could go the other way and buy a standard P365 with the shorter barrel and add an XL grip frame if you prefer the shorter slide/barrel but a larger grip. (The X model already would have the XL grip.) Also note that the X and XL models are cut for optics if you ever wanted to go there. At this writing, they do not offer the standard P365 with an optics cut. Confused yet? Anyway, options are good to have.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln