I have to say this thread has been educational. I had never seen the term "line hunter" before. Here in the west I have the option of hunting public lands (and I live here intentionally for this reason), but in some places I do still need to know where private property lines are so I can avoid trespassing. (GPS sure is helpful!!) I have previously hunted places where it is all private, and you need to be sure whose land you are on, so the problem is not unfamiliar. I have just never experienced what is being discussed in this thread. Then again, I am likely the last person who would "line hunt" due to an aversion for stand hunting (I still-hunt), and a bigger aversion to potentially having to retrieve game that crossed to where I don't have permission to be. Just don't want to have that kind of setup. I prefer a day when I can cruise around see no one else out there, and not have to worry where my game dies. On the other hand, that is also why I use enough gun, so what I shoot is unlikely to get far.

Eye opener.