Gun/hunting magazines, ie. Outdoor Life, Sports Afield, Field and Stream with their pictures and articles back in the 50's and 60's of a hunter laying a bead on a deer, elk, moose with the hunter holding a Savage 99, Remington 8/81, or maybe a Winchester 94. Used to dream of being one of those hunters. As a kid I used to pour over those article and drool over the pictures. But since Iowa had no moose/elk to hunt and for years only shotguns were allowed for firearms use to hunt deer (besides shotgun, muzzle loader rifles and certain straight wall cartridges are now allowed). Having and shooting such rifles was on the back burner, but the 'want' of such rifles never left. Being a certified 'gun nut' attributed also. A collector of Savage 99's who was selling some of his collection got me into the idea of 'why not' around 3 years ago. My first 99 was a 99G in 250 Savage, since have added two more, 99R (300 Sav) and 99 EG (250 Sav). Also have two Rem 81's in 300 Savage that are a joy as the 99's are to look at, handle, and shoot. Should have made the plunge years ago.