Guess I got my 1st savage 99 in 2004, before that I had a Marlin 1895 in 45-70, first rifle I bought, killed alot of deer with it! In the hunting camps of my youth, one guy had a Savage C in 308, never shot it well and I rembered it rattled when he walked. I was in the 45-70 guns for years levers and single shots, I'm left eye Dom. Got into the black powder cartridge stuff for about ten years. One day at a gun show saw a early 250-300, nice walnut ,case colors, nice blueing, also engraved, it was 2k, in 2004, the best I Could afford, than was a silver rat 303 saddle ring. Got on the campfire in 2005, just to learn more about 1899 99s, had 46 at one time, some rare guns a few one of a kind 1899s drove 12 hours to the 1st savage fest! At Jed's, meet a large fellow unloading guns to display offered to help, probably 30 guns later Loggah thanked me! We hit it off good, meet LBK and Nancy there, Fug1899 all good friends since! Never saw guns like I did that weekend! Well till the next fest! Health troubles ended my collecting days! Have just a couple of 99s now 22hp my favorite. But have owned around 100 total. Some of my friends own some of my better rifle now ,but I know I'm invited to come visit them when I like!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!