Originally Posted by Pappy348
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Only public for me these days. Private access in the Eastern Panhandle of WV and nearby VA is very hard to come by. There’s a double plot consisting of over 1300 acres I can get to in 20 minutes, and another of 22,000 in less than an hour. Not prime, but pretty woods good enough for an old fat man to wander around in, and I usually scratch down a deer or two and sometimes a turkey. Gotten kind of lazy in my old age, but have lost nearly 30lbs in the last three months, with more to come, so I’m hoping it will liven me up some. It’ll soon be time to start scouting for turkeys

Outstanding! 30lbs is a great accomplishment. Not easy to do that. Being in the woods certainly clears the mind & focuses the priorities we each have

Actually, it's been easier than I could have imagined. For about half that time, I’ve been unable to user my rower because I’ve strained a knee again (apparently a Spring tradition for me), so it’s all been about what I eat, and some about when. I stay full on the keto stuff, and have given up bread, pasta, chips, ice cream, and beer. Seldom get hungry, and my well-controlled BP is dropping into the 115 over 70ish range.

One thing I’ve learned is that an old man will kill himself trying to lose weight by exercising alone; you gotta change your diet. Woulda done this years ago if I’d known how easy it is.

I gotta say - this is good advice that I could apply to myself. Diet is 90% and if I’ve got a vice it’s slow BBQ chicken & whiskey old fashions.

Your BP numbers have got to be giving you a nice smile!

Last edited by PintsofCraft; 03/20/22.