Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Cops endangered a lot of people chasing that idiot. Wonder why he stopped?

So him going 122 before the LE started chasing him wasn't a problem.

I’ve been to more MVA’s and motorcycles versus car-truck-bus-trees than I care to remember including many HIGH speed motorcycle wrecks and the danger the motorcycle rider created was mostly a danger to himself while the cop doing 150 in the cruiser posed a danger to everyone.

Years ago I was first on scene to car versus motorcycle head on crash. The motorcycle was traveling in excess of 130 when it hit the passenger car doing 60mph head on. The lady driving the car was quite shaken up but totally unhurt. The guy on the motorcycle was in significantly worse shape. He was over 100 yards from the impact spot and when we took c-spine precautions to roll him over I was at his legs and I literally caught his foot still in the shoe still hanging from a piece of his Achilles’ tendon. His license said that he was 6’1” but he was so completely shattered that he was barely 5’ tall laying there. MAST pants went on and then we determined the futility of it all considering A-systole and massive trauma/blood loss so we called it and airlift Northwest was canceled. If that accident had happened to 2 cars rather than a motorcycle we’d have been dealing with 2 DOA’s at a minimum.

I’ve personally called off pursuits because the potential for a catastrophic accident or injury to innocent bystanders was more than I was willing to chance and the subject I was pursuing was NOT suspected of a violent crime. A license plate number and a good description can often be enough without endangering everyone else in the area.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~