Watched several of them. Thanks for sharing.

This one is really good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZNJLG2MdZI
The guardrail and the excessive wheel weights were great!

Sure wished on line videos were around when I taught High School Auto in the 80s and 90s. Would have used each episode as a class warmup while I took attendance and when over a brief talk about cause and effect.

Even though a high school didn't see many cars, we had our share coming in with strange stuff. An older full size Thunderbird drove in with its crankshaft broken in the middle. It still ran but made some noises. Seen sludge under valve covers so thick that it surrounded rocker arms with almost no way to drain back to pan. One driver complained their vehicle made a strange noise. Found all the lug nuts installed backwards on one wheel.

My two favorites:

One student's father had a very worn out Dodge Omni front wheel drive 4 banger with a rod knock. Told his father the engine was history. Dad was adamant we fix it. We found which connecting rod had the issue and ordered an oversize bearing insert. Put engine back together and it still had the knock. Vince called his father and I could hear him yelling. Student said he couldn't go home till vehicle was fixed. I took a piece of leather and skived it what I felt was the right thickness, soaked it in oil and installed it between rod cap and bearing insert. No rod knock. I told the student that it wouldn't last long but at least he could go home. The vehicle didn't break for the remainder of that year. Vince graduated. Two years later I saw Vince and he said the engine finally put the rod through the block. It lasted THREE YEARS!
Second fav: a teacher came in and said their engine had a strange green/brown fluid pooling on top of the engine and it tasted bad what was it?

Last edited by Azshooter; 03/24/22.