Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Raferman
Keep em or throw them in the ditch Ren?

If I recall correctly, Slum was the only one that claimed he ditched them.
Rene would at least feed them to his dog.

I quit shooting them years ago, because the ones here in N TX taste nasty as hell. When you’d clean them, they’d be chock full of grasshoppers.

Gave the breast to the dogs

Cookie, Blackjack, and Rico loved raw turkey breast.
Those 3 dogs are gone.
My dogs solely loyal to me.

Baylor and Brady are the ones now.

Wife and Daughters dogs.
Not loyal to me as soon as one of the women get home.
It's like screw you dude I want upstairs with the ladies.
So I gotta give em it on the sly.
They treat them 2 like dietary controlled lab rats.

If they only knew all the snacks they get from me each day when they are at work.
😄😄😄

Neither have ever had raw wild turkey before.
Be interesting to see how they react.
👍👍👍

LOL. Do they like those peanut butter filled pretzels? 😬

I killed a huge gobbler on a friend’s Ranch in Coleman, TX about 10 or 12 years ago. Wasn’t gonna shoot him, but I was culling does for the The Ranch and this Gobbler chased off all the does at the feeder. So I whacked him with a 7x57.
Took him back to the Ranch House, and my best friend said that’s a huge bird, you ought to get him mounted.
So I hung him up on the gate to the Ranch House, and went in to make me a sandwich. Came back out in about an hour and my friends big ole male chocolate Lab had jumped high enough to get the turkey off the fence and was chowing down on it in the middle of the yard. Turkey guts and feathers EVERYWHERE. My Buddy was really pissed off at his dog.
I just laughed and told him him not to worry about it. His ole Lab has just saved me a big ole Taxidermy Bill. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~