Originally Posted by Forthyfour
i have been long range shooting for a few years now and have taken some great shots and killed many different animals at 500 plus yards. I have had several rifles built up and have a couple that shoot better than others. Out of my best shooter i consistantly get 3/4/-1 inch groups at 300 yards and around 1.5-2 inch at 500 3-4.5 at 700, just curious how other rifles you guys have shoot at longer range. Meaning 3-5 shot grouping.

I had a stock Tikka T3 6.5 swede that shot almost identical to what you have described. Recently I screwed the barrel off and added a 6.5 creedmoor CTR barrel, KRG Bravo Chassis, Bushnell DMR3 Scope, Area 419 Muzzle Brake, Area 419 20moa Rail, Vortex Rings, Mountain Performance Bolt, Shroud, Trigger Spring, Bolt Stop and KRG Accurate Mags with the 2.095 coal. First trip out we found 2 loads with RL23 that put 5 bullets touching but still not what I'm looking for. Will play with 23 some more and suspect it will dial in nicely but going to do a load with NV555 also and than pick the best of the two when I'm done. Only 26 140 eldms I have down the tube but having some fun. I want close to 100 down the tube before I stretch it out to 500 yds. If I can get repeatable 1" groups at 500 I'll be happy. This stuff is no doubt a ton of fun!!! I have 2000 140 eldms along with 3000 CCI 450 primers and 200 pieces of Lapua small primer brass just waiting to play

Trystan

Last edited by Trystan; 04/04/22.

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field