Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Back in the day, this used to be a good thread with lots of varmints being liquidated. I went out today and liquidated some more with a bunch of recent purchased guns. All the guns I have bought in the past few years still don't include a Creedmoor or fast twist 223. What I do have, however, are a few new to me guns in:

Colt 2nd generation 45 Colt customized by Bob James for Ted Williams
Colt Bisley 4 3/4 inch 38-40

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Very nice guns and wonderfully displayed with the quarry. What did Bob James do with the 5.5incher by customizing it?

At what distances did you take the varmints with the revolvers? What's your load in the 45 Colt? I always dream of a 2ndGen 45 Colt with the 5.5 inch bbl. I even would prefer it over the 4.75. But I am also happy with my Ruger NM Blackhawk Stainless in 45.

He did a total action job on it and made custom bone grips for it. He does a better job on his actions than Bob Munden did. I shot them at about 25 feet with 250 grain cast bullets and a bit of Red dot powder.

Don't settle for the Ruger, get yourself another 45 in a Colt SAA. I will even sell you this one...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]