Originally Posted by saddlesore
I"m not totally sure, but years ago, I started to copy Weatherby stocks and things got better.. I don't think Pitch (angle of butt pad) adds to reduction of recoil. Sitka Deer (Art) claims that cast will make hard recoil more so. I have not found that to be true, but maybe I am doing something different. It is given,he knows a heck of lot more than me about stock design. I don't like a cheek piece to angle upwards from front to back. I think those definitely hit you harder, Seems the straighter the stock, the more recoil.

If the rifle fits you, ie., it sits in the pocket of shoulder when you mount it and your eye ends up centered in the scope or iron sights or with a shotgun you are not looking down at the rib or at back of the receiver,it makes a big difference, as does the correct LOP. There are probably100+ people on here that know more than I do though.

Cast in the right direction reduces felt recoil considerably. In the wrong direction it will beat you up!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.