In my misspent youth I was high lead logging on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington for a big outfit. The 'mancatcher ' sent us a fine young specimen, strapping big kid, a picture of athletic health. Of course we interrogated him, he was a 2nd stringer in the UW football program, forestry student. Anyway what a disappointment, great kid, likeable, strong as a bull, kinda willing, a good listener...everything you could ask for...but he just had no stamina. 3 hours in the morning, he tried hard, fell down quite a little more than he should have. But about 3 hours after daylight, he was pretty well done. It wasn't a nutrition problem, we all ate at the same cookhouse...maybe metabolism or he just weighed too much or something, I'd guess he'd go 240 maybe...my rigging crew was all wiry Jiminy Cricket looking guys under 170 pounds. I asked that they find someplace to put him where he wouldn't get hurt, I saw him later and they put him on the log rafts, and it was working out. Always wondered how his football career panned out.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.