Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG
Had a "toolmaker" at work who couldn't hold tolerances worth a fůck on a lathe. He'd get a shaft down to about .005" oversized and out comes the 220 emery cloth. Ever after he became known as "220"

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

POS Lathe

Oh hell it got better...

One night I'm getting slammed with walk-ups from a major break down when my boss tries to give 220 a hot job. Ole 220 tells the boss he can't do the job, he doesn't know how to run one of the bigger lathes in the shop. Boss comes over to me, tells me to show 220 how the levers on the lathe work. We head over to the lathe department, calls 220 over and I explain the controls to him. Boss tells him to get busy, while doing so the boss cranks the cross slide handle a turn. 220 blows up, tells the boss he wants a committee man to file a grievance against him. Then 220 starts running his mouth trying to throw me under the bus. 220 starts to walk away, I tell him to come back and we'll settle this right quick. 220 hesitates for a minute, I tell him it's party time, come on back. Boss takes off headed out of the shop, guess he didn't want to watch the a$$ whoppin that was about take place. 220 recognizes that I wasn't playing, couldn't get out of the shop fast enough. Few hours later the committee man comes up and asks what happened. He tells me that 220 filed a complaint against the boss for walking off leaving him alone with me to get his a$$ kicked. Then 220 trys to use my size against me crying that if I caught him I'd break him in half. 🤣

Ok.....union shop
That tells an entire story within itself

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper