Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm looking at Harris and Magpul.

One of my buddies is a retired airborne ranger and he likes his magpul bi-pods. I was surprised, but I guess they are pretty good. In the competitions I've been shooting lately, everyone is running the Atlas and one guy was using a fancy new generation Accu Tac FC5. It pans and swivels, which was nice for getting on the different targets quicker than your standard bipod. It also has a wide footprint, which makes it extremely stable. I like my Harris 6-9 swivel's, but that Accu Tac was pretty impressive. If I keep shooting those long range varmint silhouette matches, I may upgrade. Its going to be hard pulling out the $450+ for the Accu Tac though. For a Harris, I'd just look for a quality Aluminum sling stud mount specifically for the Harris. I prefer the low profile mounts. Ebay has some that are American made that work well. The last couple I bought were the magpul MAG609, I bought them there and they work well on my heavier AR10's. They are about $20, if I remember right. They are made in both Key Mod and M-Lok. The reason I use the Harris is because I can use my bipods on every rifle I own. They all have sling studs.. That's if you want to make things simple.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA