Originally Posted by Sheister
I've got the Magpul adaptor for my Harris bipods and it works fine- just like on all my other hunting rifles. I keep hearing how great the Atlas bipods are, but I have a hard time accepting they are great enough over the Harris bipods to justify their cost. Also, the Atlas top out at 9" IIRC, which is probably great for bench work but just doesn't fit with the type of hunting I do with my Harris bipods where you have to sit to shoot above obstructions like grass, sagebrush, blowdowns, etc....

I would, however like to find an adaptor for quick attach/detach for my Harris bipods so I didn't carry them on the rifle all the time while hunting. It would be nice to carry a bipod on the hip or pack belt and be able to pull it out and snap it in place quickly like the old bog pods and then take off when I am done with it... I've even thought of trying to invent a ball type mount that the bipod mount would snap onto and swivel any direction wanted as even the Harris swivel models are extremely limited in their movement arc.... just have to find somebody to help me prototype such a thing one day soon....

Bob

Sounds like a great idea Bob. I'd buy one... Now I can see huntsman trying to make something out of a sway bar end link..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA