Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by 450BM
Cheap is ok.

I hope so! I have a BUNCH of vintage but new .17 Rem brass that is really splitting easily, and since its hard to get,I decided to try annealing...but I went REAL cheap! Spent $3 on candles and tried JBs candle annealing that he outlined in Gun Gack. Initial results are good!

I got the annealer today! It’s better than I expected only because it was my first annealer and I didn’t know what to expect. It was very well packaged and needed just a little assembly. Base was drilled and tapped for the included machine screws, Needed to attach the case “slide”, the rod to hold the outside of the brass hopper, and the torch “holder”. Installed the 223 case die, changed the wheeI from the big one to the small one and was ready to go.

My auto light torch head has been broken for years so I can’t lock it on and had to hold the button. I’ll change to a different head tomorrow. This isn’t a problem with the Ugly, it’s on me and the torch head. I ran about 15 17 fireball through just to see it work and it was perfect. Tomorrow I’ll get the new torch head installed and put it to work.

The hopper is big, I’m guessing it will hold well over 100 223 sized cases giving me plenty of time to do other things.

It comes with a set of allen wrenches and extra C clips and screws. I think pretty much everything is stainless steel and very well put together. Shout out to the Aussies, you make a very nice annealer and worth every penny!

My only complaint is with Biden and this freaking inflation. See my op about the price increase… It must have been warehoused on the east coast, I ordered it Wednesday and was delivered today. No complaints there!

Not disappointed a bit the UGLY Annealer, it’s going to serve me well for a long time.