I went through the same thought process.

Here are some pictures that someone posted with the the Sightron.

Sightron Pictures

The Sightron looks like it is on the thin side from these pictures. ETA: (It is a .05 Mil reticle from the literature)

Stick has some great pictures of the reticle of the Helos in this thread:

Sticks pics

That plus his descriptions of his experiences with the Helos talked me into getting them.

I LOVED everything about it but the weight. The reticle is great and very easy to see against all backgrounds. It seemed to track well doing an at home box test. The clarity is great on them. Good eyebox. Nice parallax adjustment range. I really like them, it was just too heavy for how I prefer to use my rifles. I almost never shoot off a bipod or bags and the weight made my rifle feel very top heavy and I never felt like I "gelled" with it I felt like I was fighting with it rather than being comfortable behind it. I prefer a 20 oz or less scope. I am a "scope wimp" and not afraid to admit it.:)

While I don't have any experience with the SWFA, it has a good reputation and it does have a slightly thicker reticle (.06 Mil vs .05 Mil on the Sightron). The Helo reticle is quite a bit thicker at .08 Mil, but I didn't find it to be detrimental. The SWFA 3-15 is also on the heavy side (or I would have gotten it.)

Personally, if you don't mind a 25 oz scope, I would definitely get the Helos. If you don't like it, they sell pretty quickly.

I got mine from Doug at Cameraland and I highly recommend him.

Last edited by CrowHunterTN; 04/24/22.