Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
I got the Sightron 10x32's, and having looked through them a few times out the back yard my first impression is that these will be useful, although perhaps relegated to knockaround truck/boat/tractor/kitchen window duty. Which is what I bought them for anyway.

IMO in this price class ($100) my compact Leupold/Kowas seem to be better optically.

Every tool has its place, but for out west/Alaska and where a lot of long range spotting is necessary, I conclude that even though the magnification is 10x this is not the right tool: these are not mini-big eyes.

Nor is the magnification level of 10x suitable for eastern deep woods and close range work.

Horses for courses, right?
Good to know on the 10x. I’ll stick to the 8x.

Originally Posted by SKane
When it comes to a budget binocular, a good rule of thumb (from my experience) is to go the lesser magnification route.
10x32 in anything is quite a compromise - even the alpha-level stuff if lower light and/or FOV is paramount for utility/application.

Very true Scott. I would say this definitely holds true for my Cabela’s/meopta 10 X 32. The Zeiss victory fl is much better.