I was blabbin' about it a couple weeks back but we took the plunge and bought another house. 3 bedroom, full finished basement, 40 year old house just down the street from us.

Nothing fancy but appears to be a solid house on the best street in our dirty little town. Got it for $95/sq ft which I don't think is a terrible investment. Not a money maker deal, just a way to unload half of our small savings account and get something other than a number on a screen. And it will benefit family who REALLY want to live in town......lol

Save money for 10 years and then watch it lose what, 10-15% of it's value? Kinda pissed me off but that's the way it goes.

I'd have rather bought land but it's hard to find and we're behind as it is taking caring of 'our'(my parent's) little farm. For some reason a good house appeared to be an okay saving account.

20 year loan but we plan on paying it off in 10. Gonna be around 5.5% fixed for the first 10 and then goes variable which is a good reason to focus and knock it down quick.