I didn't need to get a new truck, I had a 2012 Ram, the last year before they added DEF. It only had 84,000 miles on it and it was in excellent shape. My boys were busy buying late model used trucks and seeing the values of those going so high, I decided to consider upgrading.

I went to the GMC dealer and started kicking tires. They spec'd a new 3500 diesel out at $63,000.00. It is hard to believe you can consider that a good deal, but in this day and age, it is. I took it to the local GMCV and Chevy dealers to see what they could do and neither showed any real interest in selling a truck they didn't have on the lot. Not to mention, they didn't have any trucks on the lot to begin with.

After prying the Chevy dealer loose from their chair, they finally built a similar build sheet to the GMC I had looked at earlier and told me they would let me know if they could get any allotments for a truck like that in the near future. In a week, they called and said they had an open slot for a new truck and I headed over.

I put $1000.00 down and ordered it with a due date of 4-6 months. That was January 28. this is today...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Here is the good 'ol Ram. It was a great truck, but I think the Chevey will be better...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]