I used to think my best chance of catching a bass was usually with a Senko. Based on my experience with the Ned Rig over the past two years I'd say the Ned Rig is at least as effective.

This past Thursday we fished a lake that's low because of drought. Wasn't really expecting much as it was windy and the lake reportedly hasn't been too productive so far this year. Started fishing at eleven and quit at four. We fished only areas with heavy brushy cover and used heavier tackle, 20 lb braid and a 15lb fluro leader on a medium spinning rod that at first I thought might be too heavy to work that well with a Ned Rig. Wrong, we caught and released bass and one big crappie all day, quit counting after we got in the 20s. One of those days that once it gets going you're expecting a strike every cast. Got plenty of hang ups and I had to bend the hook back in shape a few times but didn't lose any tackle. We were using Z Man 1/6th Ned Rig jig heads and plain green pumpkin 2&3/4" Z Man ElaZtec Ned Rig baits. The baits never had to be replaced and it seemed the more beat up looking they got the quicker they got hit. No big fish, all were in the 12" to 15" range but chunky with a lot of jumps and fight.

I realize a big part of it was finding the fish and being there on the right day but since I started using the Ned Rig it seems I've had more good days and it's an easy way to fish.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 04/30/22.