Yes very interesting to a point. In re reading this report that I have read in the past, I'd like to add a little bit of clarification, and try not to be argumentative in the process.
The reference of the Henry Rifle, and the Winchester Rifle, and a couple Different Models, including Caliber designation.
So The Henry Rifle invented by B. Tyler Henry, and put into production by then well to do investor and Shirt maker Oliver Winchester,
in 1860 mfg. approx. 13,000 Henry Rifles from 1860-1866 in the .44 Henry Flat(rim fire) Caliber.
in 1866 Winchester mfg. approx. 170,101 Model 1866 Rifles, until 1898 Calibers, 44 Flat, 44-40 cf. Serial range until approx. 15,000. (overlapping Henry Rifle Model into Model 1866 Rifle).
The Model 1873 Winchester, mfg. in 1873-1919, total produced approx. 720,610, in calibers .32-20 WCF, 38-40 WCF, or .44-40 WCF. (Winchester Center Fire).
While the early ammo was black powder and at about 1880 with the invention of Smokeless powder as we know today, there were definitely differences in fouling, and performance, besides the fact that the black powder had the tendency to be a little more Volatile.
Winchester's "New Model" 1866 Lever Action was certainly a tremendous improvement over the Henry Rifle mainly enclosing the tubular ammunition magazine, keeping dirt and debris out, and from preventing dents in the open slot for the exposed spring follower to track, plus the addition of the wood forend stock, to keep the heat from the shooters hand.
The Henry Rifle gained Fame in the Civil War,(1860-1864), as that "Damn Yankee Rifle that was loaded on Sunday, and shot all week", the very first famous Repeating rifle!

Great History Bryan!
Thanks,

HS58

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!