I hate head nets and seldom wear one, but there are times......

I prefer bug dope, strength depends on density and voraciousness of the bugs. Can't go wrong with 100% DEET tho. Sure, it will remove paint, soften plastic, and make your lips go numb - which is probably why you don't want to use it while fishing, especially with bait. Fish with numb lips don't bite well. smile

My younger son won't use bug dope - only head nets. He lives in Fairbanks.

There were times in the Arctic, when 100% DEET would have to be re-applied every 10 minutes or so. Squadrons of the little bastards would lick it off, I think, for the REMF's benefit.... and they were pretty good at getting inside the nets, too. You will want one with a neck string, and tuckable inside your clothes.

I have a tent with 100's of old blood stains in it. Most of it mine, from squished skeeters. What fun! ( I'd like to get hold of the person/people that banned Buhach (Permythian? flower dust) and take him/her up there!)

So there you go..... 2 fine- mesh nets is a good suggestion, per above. Most any brand will work- but get the fine mesh ones.

You might also want to check into the permythium spray for your clothing. Can't hurt, might help- not used it myself.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.