Do youself a big favor and get yourself a couple of Thermacell units and enough stuff to feed for the time you will be outdoors. I have spent 100's of hours in a headnet and now when hoarded by mosquitoes I take out the Thermacell and they go away.

Even with a Thermacell when in bad bug country I will wear or carry a light in weight and color nylon anorak ideally with elastic cuffs opposed to the more common velcro ones. In the kangaroo pouch is always a headnet and a lightweight pair of wool gloves and on my head is a baseball cap. The visor of the baseball cap keeps the net off you face, if they can reach flesh through the netting you will get bit. If things get bad I zip the anorak down put the head net over the baseball cap and then the hood of the anorak over the top of that and then zip the anorak up.

The anorak is great because you can wear it against bare skin, in the arctic the bugs are worse on the days that are, or seem, 80 degrees plus so you want the lightest protection against bugs that you can get and that is lightweight nylon other lightweight fabrics may allow them to bite through. The anorak can be rinsed off at night and will easily be dry by AM. The wool gloves keep the hands from getting chewed raw by the flying jaws and are light enough that they allow you to do just about anything else you need to do.

Long story short carry the Thermacell,
wade