Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by moosemike
I think what Blackheart is saying is the Stingers shed velocity too quickly and a high velocity 40 grainer will do more at 100
There are very few .22 LR HP's that will still expand at 100 yards, whether high velocity or hyper velocity. Just like jacketed centerfire bullets, they've got velocity thresholds below which they simply will not expand. Stingers and Mini-Mag HP's are both below that threshold by the time they reach 100 yards. I can't say about the Velocitor as I haven't used them. You want expansion at the longest distance possible out of a .22 LR bullet, look for a wide, deep HP and/or one designed to expand at close range from a pistol. One I know that will still expand at that distance is the old Remington Yellow jacket. Unfortunately those now appear to be discontinued.

Yeah the Yellow Jackets were my all time favorite. Haven't seen them in years now. I went to Mini Mags but they ain't the same
I liked them too. They were my favorite of the hyper velocity hp's. Not only because of their expansion but also because they were by far the most accurate hypers in my .22's. It would be nice if Vista could see fit to bring them back. I'm down to my last 300 rds..