Originally Posted by waterrat
The 358 Norma is an ideal cartridge if yon live in GMU 9,you can use 225's and take caribou way out the and load the 275gr + for moose and brown bear. 40 years ago with a fresh assistant guide license in my pocket is what got my interest going. Working for Ray McNutt on Misery Creek he had his well worn 358 Norma on a Springfield action and stoaked with 275gr Hornady's. After fishing that year I went on the search, Bud Libing in Palmer sold me a 358NM in a Curly Maple Mannlicher stock the was stunning, it shot a was a joy until a 10 day downpour on Afognak swelled the stock to the point I miss an elk 5 times at 100 yds. A pre-64 270 went into Toklat Guns for a 358 barrel,, after years of hard use Andy Hawk cut it to 20" and give it a MPI,,, it's a fine working rifle, the only bullet I've user for nearly 30 years is the 280gr [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Swift A Frame.

Waterrat, I bet that curly maple was a sharp looking rifle, sorry to hear about the elk though. I really like that model 70 though