Don't get me wrong, I like a svelte break open (kiplauf) single shot rifle as much as the next guy, but there's an inherent design fault which can't help but detract a little from accuracy. Since the barrel itself opens and closes and by necessity must have "wiggle room" tolerances for it to work (slight as those tolerances may be), upon discharge the barrel jumps around a tiny bit on its pivot axis and within the receiver frame (and still whipping like any barrel on any gun, too) which doesn't do us any favors one or two hundred yards downrange on the paper. High end break-open rifles conquer that by employing tighter hand-fitted tolerances and more sophisticated bank vault-like locking systems - something not found in cheap American guns based on single shot shotgun actions. Add to that the "clatter" of the hammer/striker and you have a recipe that denies benchrest accuracy from these things. Falling block designs ameliorate a lot of that, but still have to deal with hammer/striker vibrations, but at least the barrels are firmly anchored and barrel whip is the only concern (hence heavy barrels on target models).

For a guy to take a position on this type rifle, he has to define his accuracy standard and think about its intended purpose. For me, as I start to age out, acceptable hunting accuracy doesn't cut it much any more as I actually hunt less and less each year. But, I'm bench shooting more and more in its stead.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty