Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Wish I had,
1, opportunity to shoot like that,
2, the attention span to take advantage of the opportunity.

Used to shoot a little skeet, 2 rounds and I'd go load the traps or pull
for the other guys. Couple rounds later, back to shooting. The other guys would burn 175 rounds, maybe 75 for me.

too bad you aren't closer....

would be happy to take you out shooting... some years its great, this year, so far just two outings and the mom's and pups weren't out yet..
then we've had never ending rains.. which makes the alfalfa grow like weeds, but sure makes the fields muddy, which the farmers don't want folks out there chewing up the ground with their Mud Terrain Tires or getting stuck and needing to get pulled out of the mud...

But I've had evenings where I have burnt up 1100 to 1200 rounds of 22 LR in about 90 to 120 minutes...when the squirrels are all out..
that was just using the 10/22 Ruger, with 5 or 6, 25 round mags... and keeping shots at 75 yds or under... probably having 90% hit ratio....

or with the 223 bolt action, single loading a bolt action... have had days of 500 to 700 rounds in a 5 to 6 hour afternoon afield...

shots sat 3 every 2 minutes, using a Sporter Weight rifle barrel, and using Blue Dot loads... never heating it up enough to have to put it down to cool.
once again, 85 to 90% hit ratio....keeping shots from say 150 yds or closer....

ya even learn when they line up just right, you can blow up 3 or 4 of them with one shot... using a 40 or 50 grain V Max or Ballistic Tips...

I'm a Virginia boy, so yeah, not much like this back east....prairie dogs in Montana etc, are high volume shooting.. but not abundant like Sage rats..

only they are smaller....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez