I have made the primer fall out, and thus wreck the rifle brass, hundreds of times.
I have also made the case side guppie belly bulge on semi auto pistol brass, hundreds of times.

I have noticed a hierarchy in brass strength with respect to distance from the extractor groove to the primer pocket.

10mm, 25acp, 5.7x28mm.... very weak ~~50kpsi

40sw, 380. 9mm, 45acp.... weak ~~60kpsi

22-250, 243, 7x57, 30-06 Mauser case heads with large primer.... strong ~~72kpsi

7mmRM, 300WM, 338WM belted magnum.... stronger. ~~78 kpsi

223......very strong ~~82 kpsi

6mmBR, Mauser case head with small primer.... too strong for primer pocket to fail before primer pierces in work up. ~~88 kpsi

To get around this rimless case weak spot, 20 years ago both Casull and Ketchum were independently developing steel case head attached to brass bodies.

My idea, if possible, would be to make a more powerful small rifle magnum primer that could set off a large charge. CCI450 small rifle magnum primers will set off 40 gr of CFE, but not 42 gr.

Then with small rifle primer pockets, we could get more out of the same old brass:
https://www.makeitfrom.com/material-properties/Extra-Hard-H06-C26000-Brass

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps