I set up for ultra light pack packing and had my wife's and my packs at 13#. It just wasn't as comfortable. First to go was our TarpTent, a great product but the vented lower walls and minimal vestibule was a deal killer, the single wall wasn't a problem on the few trips. We stepped up to a Nemo Dagger 2P and happily added the two pounds. Then my wife complained about only carrying a closed cell foam sheet for sitting and we added chairs, another two pounds. I got tired of the alcohol stove and my Whisperlite international and switched to a Jetboil with canister fuel. I weigh our packs before each trip and divide the weight equally, she's 21 years younger and never complains but last trip I notice we where heavy and found TWO books in her back for an overnight trip. Always carry whiskey and never beer, have found an instant coffee that is better than most restaurants, use Aqua Mira drops instead of a filter, no extra clothes except a pair of socks. But then I'm not hiking in during hunting season and only doing 2-4 day hikes when the temperature is 25 our above.

A super weight saver that I didn't think would work was our Duck Brand Window Seal material for a ground cloth. The light weight stuff hold up FAR better than I ever expected, is water proof, and folds up small than any other - forgive me if this is a well known item. https://www.duckbrand.com/products/weatherization/window-insulation-kits/indoor-84-in-x-120-in

Last edited by Boise; 05/12/22.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein