Couple weeks yet before planting outside, still dropping into the mid-30's at night, and only getting into the 50's daytime. This isn't real warm country, with cold soil temps.....

I did build a visqueen coldframe out of scrap for the raised bed to give the strawberries a warm start for the first couple weeks. Plus warming the soil even more...won't harm the other stuff any either- broccoli, kale, cabbage, lettuce (which should have been planted from seed out there already- I bought starts yesterday). Strawberries go in the front row, and the two single rows. Other stuff in the back row and bed. I'll build another bed like this week after next. Occupied all this coming week...

Also converted my greenhouse manual vent to use a Univent auto opener, which involved remodeling that end of the greenhouse. Might have to put in another, lower down, across the greenhouse, for additional airflow- it still went up to 95 in there the last sunny day (mid 50's outside), but the vent works! Got it 2 for the price of one, plus a 5% Tuesday discount, from a supply place called Panama Red..... smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Transplanted tomatoes and cucs into their greenhouse containers yesterday, still have a couple to go.

Someone likes to help "garden"... mosly creating hazard-holes.....

Transplanted the cucs into their greenhouse containers last night. Looking a bit sickly this morning, but they always do that. They'll recover. I hope.... smile

Last edited by las; 05/14/22.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.