Originally Posted by auk1124
I miss getting on the party line with Gertie and Maybelle and talking about Luke and Laura on the General Hospital
All my Chilren way mo betta dude.

But no landline. Frontier told us when we moved up here that they no longer support them out here. There's a dang green box poking up out the ground in front of our house, a box on the side with the wires from the box coming too it, signs all along the road about "Buried Utilities, call before digging" but with perhaps 20 houses out this way, a couple of miles from the nearest other houses, they likely didn't want to service this line.

I'd have one in a minute for when the cell service, which sucks already, goes down. As it does a few times a year. Heck, just today it was so bad the phone lost connection to the tower or some scheidt and I had to restart the dang thing just to call the neighbor. Should have just walked over, but then like Jim driving 40 miles to talk to the neighbor about the rat he caught in the barn, I'd get tied up being personable and such and having a cup of coffee and talking for the afternoon.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?