I have to say that, with some exceptions, service ranges are run better than many of the facilities around the country. Having your local board make up the rules isn't always the best solution, as you can see from the other posts. The thought that we could police our own ranges was a good idea in theory, made difficult in practice by some club boards. The alternative however, is probably worse. Direct control by your provincial CFO.

Some pix.

The Ross Rifle was replaced in 1916, as Canada's principle battle rifle, but we continued to use them in training, sniping and other applications. This was in the days when range rules were minimal.

[Linked Image from cdn2.picryl.com]

Until a few years ago, members of the Cdn Forces still got to try out the No 4 rifle. This was a range day from 2018. They probably get to shoot the Ranger Tikkas occasionally now. Some nostalgia.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This too, was a familiar sight. Just before the Tikka was issued, a Ranger shows off his skills with the No 4. Putting the C7 user in his place. smile If you look closely, you can see the Ranger is carrying a couple of spare (probably loaded) magazines.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada