Originally Posted by Jstocks
Not the buried ff3, there can be a battery cap/thread issue from my reports.

The FF3 battery caps are a pain in the ass. It's easy to booger the threads. I used a tad bit of grease on mine and made sure to start them with only my thumb and a bit of pressure, using a coin for final tightening after the caps has been turned on.

If the OP is interested in a Trijicon RMR, the Dual Illuminated model has some benefits. The downside is that it can experience some washout of the dot when looking from a very dark location into a very bright location. The upside is that they tend to be more robust than the battery operated models since they lack any electronics, and they are almost impervious to water. On a hunting gun, I would prefer the Dual Illuminated to the red dot. I use one on my Glock 17 Gen 5 and am more than pleased with it. One day, I'll add one to my Glock 20 and Ruger Redhawk.

If you want a red dot, the Trijicone SRO is a nice sight. It has a bigger window than the RMRs and it's significantly easier to pick up that dot quickly. It's a little less expensvie than the RMRs. I've read that they are aren't as robust as the RMRs but I've never seen or heard of one breaking under any sort of normal use.