Originally Posted by shaman
I was merrily typing away this AM when I had a bit of an itch on the back of my scalp. I scratched. It felt different. I pulled back with a hank of hair. It's coming out.

Folically Challenged: I'm joining you buddy! BTW: I don't blame the soup.

FC dropped by yesterday with his Magic Soup and a bottle of The Macallan. I know for a fact baldness is not a contagious disease, so don't try and get me started.

I'm booked for a 0915 appointment with the barber. I know that sounds really posh, but it's just state COVID rules.

I had to wake up KYHillChick and tell her she's got to ride me around. Yesterday, they put me on Tramadol for just some basic stiffness and shoulder pain. It works, but I can't operate a vehicle.

But wait Shaman! There's more!

I was a nice guy and went in to fix her a cup of coffee to get her going. While I was there, I had another itch. This time on the chin. Yep, you guessed it: the beard is falling out as well. I'll get the barber to whack that off as well.

I ordered a bald head shaver from Amazon. It'll be here tomorrow.

That beard of mine has been a constant companion since 1986. That was the year I got adult chickenpox. I couldn't dream of shaving for 9 weeks, and there could be the craters of the Moon under that forest, and I've never seen 'em. It'll be interesting to see how the scars healed.

Really a bummer, but you seem to be having the best attitude given the circumstances.

My beard has been around since 1980, 79 maybe. My wife, along with many others of my present day acquaintance, would have no clue what my chin looks like.

Hang in there.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?