Originally Posted by ribka
Costco is a great company. that's not the point. Regarding investing now, I feel there is at least another 20 to 30 per cent correction in the market. Possibly more

Once all of the inflation, labor, residential/commercial real estate is sorted out we'll see how bad this gets. Plus dont forget the food shortages, chaos, riots, coups etc especially overseas, and south of us. I predict there will be mass migrations to western countries.

Its funny how arrogant Americans and Europeans have become because we now have enjoyed a very standard of living despite our record debts. All of the proxy Russia war planners at RAND corp, who orchestrated this war, never took into account how vulnerable we were due to our heavy debt before entering a war and actually thought sanctions would work to our and European's advantage. . Sanctions of course exacerbated our debt problems, inflation and made us much more vulnerable now.China locked down its economy and our supplies at the same time adding more supply chain issues, Think this was by accident? Of course our great proxy war mongers at RAND and the pentagon neglected to predict this too. take a look at Russia's debt and what they produce now in country while we outsourced all of our production overseas.

I don't recommend trying to catch falling knives.

Good post.

The FED has signaled more interest rates bumps but I do question if Powell has the same dogged determination of what Volker had. If not he’ll start easing again if he’s not already doing so behind the scenes.