I have been eradicating the grey squirrels in my back yard for about a month now. Just put the 13th one in the trash today. He was dead in the box trap for some reason or another. Saved me from tapping him out with the .22. I have a bird feeder that apparently draws them in from all over the hood. I started out with a Benjamin Marauder pellet gun in .22 cal. Extremely accurate and kills 'em nice enough IF you can get the damned thing to work. I then put 2 box traps to work with corn on the cob as bait. Caught one right off the bat and then nothing. I sat and watched 2 different squirrels go into each box trap and nothing. I ended up shooting one and went to inspect the traps...I forgot to release the door safeties. I now have 2x .75" pieces of plywood glued together to stop the suppressed .22 cal bullets. Haven't got one with the rifle yet because I melted some peanut butter and stirred in some bird seed. It has been slaying them in the box traps.

After sitting outside sipping some whiskey tonight, I realize it has been the mockingbirds f-ing around in the raised garden beds. They just got themselves put on the list. Never liked their asses anyways.

-Piss into the wind.