Originally Posted by Sheister
If Coreloks were available as components, would you load them ?

When I belonged to the local gun club I worked sight in days every year and I would get a chance to see what everyone was shooting. Most of the time guys/gals shooting Corelok factory ammo shot very well. Some of them would shoot as well as good handloads. I've been hunting long enough to see how well Coreloks work on game many times so I know how effective they can be and how well they mushroom. I don't have any idea how accurately they are manufactured compared to other component bullets, but it seems they might be worth a try....

I still have a bunch of CLs purchased about 15 years ago. A business up here had a huge sale, and I got 3 boxes that weighed about 70 lb each. The post office guy wasn't impressed. They were all 308 diameter. I used them for everything. Would I use them again? Yes, but the price would have to be right.

CL and Winchester bullets used to be cheap. They were dynamite in 224 and other diameters too. These days, Speer, Hornady and the no name bullets have seriously ate into what used to be their territory. And more people like premium bullets now.

Win and Rem do not offer the weights and diameters that they used to. I don't think that it was because they needed them for their own ammunition. Over time, sales dropped.

Win and Rem bulk bullets aren't the bargain they used to be. frown

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]