Originally Posted by splattermatic
Darryl,
Worst case I replace the upper, and carrier.
But, I'm liking that side charging hook.
Feels just like racking my 11-87 !
Hmmm, 14 twist....

I hope they have turned things around because we need more vendors, not less. We also need more quality vendors, not cheap shady and with less than stellar customer service.

This is my rationale, if a guy on a tight budget buys his first upper and has nothing but issues with it, fights to get it running and has no support from the manufacturer, how likely is that that guy will continue down our rabbit hole?

There are hundreds of options, manufacturers and retail outlets that will bend over backwards to make sure that the customer is satisfied. They stay on top of quality, update processes and spend time and money on R&D to bring new and potentially hot new items to market.

They are not simply someone who buys a crap load of reamers and blanks and employ questionable personnel and then simply ignore customer complaints by continuing to crank out [bleep] inferior products.

Their receivers are probably manufactured elsewhere and rollmarked BCA and shipped in ready to assemble, so they are probably good to go, I don't know or care to find out.

When you can find sub $100 billet receivers shipped, that are known quality, have threaded magazine release pin holes, threaded rear takedown detent pin hole and threaded forward assist pin holes, I truck down that road.

5lbs 1oz and less than $500 invested 5.56 so far

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member